Get Heel Pain Relief in Ennis TX
Award-Winnng Ennis Heel Pain Specialists
Does heel pain make you to dread getting out of bed in the morning? Do those first few steps feel like a knife in the bottom of your heel? At Family Foot & Ankle Centers, we specialize in eliminating your heel pain.
The goal of the foot specialists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers is to diagnose and treat your heel pain as quickly as possible. You do not have to live with heel pain.
What Is Plantar Fasciitis?
The plantar fascia is the ligament that runs along the bottom of the foot. When this ligament becomes strained or partially torn, it causes stabbing pain in the bottom of the heel. This pain is often noticed first steps out of bed in the morning and after walking after sitting for extended periods.
What Are The Main Causes Of Plantar Fasciitis?
There are multiple causes of plantar fasciitis but they all lead to a strain on the ligament. This may be accompanied by small tears within the ligament that causes pain and inflammation. There are a number of factors that may increase a person’s risk for developing plantar fasciitis. Some of these factors that put excessive pressure on the plantar fascia include:
- Flat feet
- Being overweight
- Excessive standing, walking, or exercising. Especially on harder surfaces.
- Unsupportive shoes that lack cushioning
- Tight Achilles tendon
What Are The Best Plantar Fasciitis Treatments?
- Rest and Ice– Avoid activities that put excessive strain on the foot. When resting, apply an ice pack was to the bottom of your foot as often as possible.
- Prescription medicine–Prescription anti-inflammatories can reduce inflammation in the ligament. Cortisone injections are also effective at reducing pain, swelling and inflammation.
- Supportive shoes and orthotics–A leather, lace up shoe with a cushioning orthotic insole reduces pressure on the feet.
- Plantar fasciitis night splint– This helps stretch the plantar fascia ligament and allow us for any quicker recovery.
- Physical therapy– Exercises to stretch the plantar fascia and improving flexibility and strength of the feet.
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT)- This breakthrough therapy decreases pain and promotes healing. Some
Don’t let heel pain stop you from enjoying life. Our 5-star-rated podiatrists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers are here to help you become pain-free!
Experience Our Award-Winning Treatment for Heel Pain in Ennis Today!
Schedule an appointment today in our Ennis office by calling us at 972-875-3668 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. We also offer same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff. During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – we can’t wait to help you live your life pain-free!
The foot doctors at Family Foot & Ankle Centers in Ennis, TX treat all foot and ankle problems. Our Podiatrists, Dr. Jeffrey Petty, Dr. Fernando Cruz, and Dr. Silpa Joy provide 5-star podiatry care to Ellis county and surrounding areas including Corsicana, Waxahachie, Lancaster, and Palmer, TX. The Podiatrists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers are improving lives one foot at a time. Return to a pain-free life and get back to the things you love!